Join Clapham Park Creative Co-op and friends for a grand finale or our August Art Month featuring an exhibition, arts and crafts workshop, local artist market and live music! We’ll also be celebrating the launch of our Neighbourhood Art Trail for September’s Lambeth Heritage Festival. Everyone welcome!
Date: Saturday, 28 August 2021
Time: 11am to 3pm
Cost: £ Free
Ages: Suitable for all ages, children under 12 must be with a guardian
Spaces: RSVP not required but recommended (space may be limited if it rains and we need to be inside)
Location: Clapham Park Cube, 116 Kings Avenue, SW4 8EP – outside if its sunny!
Hosted by: Clapham Park Creative Co-op and friends
We are very excited to be hosting a neighbourhood party to celebrate all the stories, and local residents and creatives Clapham Park Creative has been working with since we started in 2018. It’s been a long time since we’ve been able to get together and we want this event to help us remember what it’s like to laugh, listen to music, and do fun things with neighbours.
Bring your neighbours, friends and family, and come have some fun with us!
Creative Activities and Exhibition:
- Clapham Park Creative Co-op exhibition of some our recent creative projects featuring local resident stories
- Local history exhibition
- Contribute to our Clapham Park Lockdown Archive and Story Map
- Make embroidery art with artist Sonia Tuttiett and our Embroidery Club with special visitors from East London Textile Arts
- Kids activity table — make a flashy carnival wand and hat and join our mini-carnival celebration at 2:30pm
Our Member’s Market featuring locally made arts & crafts and local organisations:
- Jalia Contemporary African Designs – West-African inspired fashion
- JLU (Just Like Us) – handmade recycled gifts by a carer’s support group
- Hope Pilates – Mehret Hope’s studio is just off Atkins Rd
- Maria Ceramic Glass – jewelry and home decor
- Naturally Handmade Soaps – vegan and plastic-free
- Streatham Rotary Club – community humanitarians
- SW4 Gardeners – fundraiser for Tressider House Gardens
- The Clapham Society – books and pamphlets about Clapham history
- 12:30pm – Join this beginner mini-pilates session with Hope Pilates
- 1:30pm – Live djembe drumming with Kulture Imani Expressions
- 2:30pm – Celebrate our own min-carnival with Clapham Park’s very own Goldstar Visions carnival youth group!
Thanks to all of our collaborating members, friends and supporters. This event is supported with funding from Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing.
GET INVOLVED — SELL YOUR ART, HOST AN ACTIVITY TABLE OR JOIN THE OPEN MIC
Makers/Creatives! Do you have handmade items you want to sell or an idea for a creative activity to host at the event. We are welcoming all to get involved and connect with new audiences.
Musicians/performers/creative teachers! Would you like to do a 20 minute taster on our ‘open mic’? Especially great if you want to advertise some upcoming workshops.
Local organisations! If you’d like to host an info table or leave brochures/flyers advertising local services, we’d be happy to accomodate you.
Get in touch with Marcia at email@example.com and let us know what you’d like to do.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT IN THIS WORKSHOP?
This is a very relaxed, welcoming event. You can drop-in at any time and bring families, friends and neighbours. Weather permitting, part of the event will be held outside and in the gym of the Cube. If it rains, we will largely be outside with some marquees set-up in the garden.
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
The event is open to all ages and for everyone in Clapham Park and beyond to come see what we’ve been up to. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
Covid-19 Guidelines: All of our staff and leaders will take lateral flow tests before the workshop; we encourage others to do the same if you are able. Our workshops will continue to adhere to COVID-19 good practice including social distancing, encouraging mask wearing if inside (and outdoors if you would prefer), and regular hand sanitisation. We ask you to please consider others as many of our workshops are attended by people that are still being careful in public settings. If you are feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms, we ask you to please stay home.
— hand sanitiser and mask
Photography/Video: Please note that this event will be photographed and recorded to share on our social media and communications material (names will not be shared publicly). Please let the photographer know if you do not wish to be recorded.
— The Clapham Park Cube is fully accessible for wheelchairs and has wheelchair toilet facilities
— If you have additional access needs, please contact us and we will do our best to support you to participate.