We are reaching out to local organisations and businesses to be part of the Clapham Park August Art Month we have coming up. The event is in support of local art and creativity — something that has been so vital to mental health and community spirit over the past year — and we want to highlight the local businesses that contribute to making this neighbourhood feel like a great place to be.
August Art Month — Celebrating neighbourhood & creativity
This summer in August, as we come out of lockdown, we are organising August Art Month as a way to celebrate being together again, and feature some of the brilliant creative work residents have created over the past few years. We’d also like to celebrate the local shops, services and organisations in the area that have been so important to the neighbourhood over the past year, as well as those that have been missed.
- A Neighbourhood Art Trail – an outdoor exhibition of large photographs in local green spaces and window-fronts – this will include a printed walking map & highlight local landmarks/businesses
- Creative Workshops every Saturday at the Clapham Park Cube or Agnes Riley Gardens
- Art Bank event — an interactive experience featuring 5 local creatives
- Final Community Exhibition & Maker’s Market (Aug 28) – final exhibition, and local creatives selling handmade goods
We are reaching out to local businesses, organisations and services in the area to be part of August Art Month — and be part of the neighbourhood celebration — in different ways:
- Host one print from our exhibition in your window for the month of August
- We will be featuring embroidery work and stories reflecting on community and Covid from our Postcards Across the River project
- The print will be up to A2 size (max 60cmx42cm) with a caption card
- Business name/address will be included on the digital and printed maps
- Become a Sponsor of the Art Bank Event (up to £250 support) – you will be directly supporting one local artist to share their skills and talent in a one-day interactive event where we hope to host up to 60 audience members.
- Share you August events in our programme — to be highlighted on our website and weekly newsletter throughout August
Local businesses are part of the story of Clapham Park. Aside from being an active supporter of local arts and culture, being part of August Art Month will also feature your businesses as a core part of the neighbourhood, helping you reach new customers in and around Clapham Park.
- As a sponsor, be featured as a major partner of the event
- As an exhibition host, be listed on our Neighbourhood Art Trail map inviting visitors to come get to know your business as they follow the route
- We will photograph you as part of the People of Clapham Park project and create an individual social media post and story highlighting your business and the work that you do in the community